Covid Vaccine issues

Matt

Re: Covid Vaccine issues

Post by Matt »

A few weeks ago I walked my dog past a local church. I saw a queue of people waiting outside and rolled my eyes at their folly, using religious exemption to excuse a mass gathering during a pandemic. What fools. This morning I arranged my covid jab and discovered the the queue I'd despaired of previously was for a vaccination clinic. I'll be joining that queue on Wednesday morning.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

We went for a walk with the dog along the beach this morning - couple of miles in bright sunshine - very pleasant.

But on the way back I started feeling very odd - completely wiped out, aching, headache.

Got home - went straight to bed and just got up.

I didn't expect that - never had anything like that before from a vax.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Michael Marshall has just announced that he has been Pfizered.

He's 37 :???:
Matt

Post by Matt »

I've just been AstraZeneca'd I'm 47 and vulnerable.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Great news Matt.

I think Marsh was as surprised as anyone else to get vaxxed so young - I don't think he has any vulnerabilities.

He's on FB - have a look - I think he puts it down to them making best use of available slots.

A relative started trying to book at Ashton Gate at the same time as me but didn't qualify (on age - she's 60, I'm 64) until Tuesday. She had the same experience as I did on Sunday - very few people there - so maybe there is a problem with organisation.

Incidentally Matt, be prepared for a bad day the day after your jab. By no means all people do but I felt pretty shitty.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Yes advised work not not to book anything critical for thursday/friday. So far only side effect is very slight dead arm like a small child has punched me in the deltoid. However was warned that feeling cold or fluey for 48-72 hours is not unexpected and that if I experience any covid like symptoms in this period I may safely discount them as vaccine side effects but should feel free to call 111 if worried.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Just been reading through this thread. Had my jab earlier today too. No ill effects so far, apart from the tiredness (which I have been experiencing anyway for some time prior to this - after several years in remission from cancer, recently been diagnosed with a recurrence and surgery/treatment is imminent). Everything crossed for tomorrow though - as I have to attend hospital tomorrow for a crucial CT scan. OTOH, probably best place to be if any of those side effects do occur. Fair distance to drive to get there though, at a heavy-traffic time in the evening too - so preferable not to experience anything like Tony's scary account whilst driving!
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Ouch - sorry to hear that, Ketchup. I hope all goes well.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Best of luck Ketchup. Make sure that you pull over at the first sign on anything untoward.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Back home in one piece. No nasty incidents, and feeling no different than I did this morning, so hopefully escaped any after-effects from the vaccine yesterday.
Just as I was going into the Imaging area, a guy was coming out handcuffed to another man all in black (presumably a prison officer).
The whole thing didn't take very long at all, and when I emerged from the hospital was just in time to catch the most beautiful, dramatic sunset.
Made my visit there all worthwhile. :cool:
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Glad it all went well Ketchup. Seems to be a lottery - who is affected and who isn't.

Strangely when I was in the Bristol Breast centre (not for my benefit I might add) there was a girl in the waiting room handcuffed to another (very large) uniformed woman. Made me wonder how they manage during the actual procedure.

ps 1: Speaking to one of the nurses, they get a lot of prisoners in like that. There is a feeling some of them make stuff up just so they get a day out.

ps 2: Is 'Bristol Breast Centre' a tautology?