Gemmotherapy

chaggle

Gemmotherapy

Post by chaggle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Never heard of it until today when someone who lives in France mentioned that he makes an income supplying buds and seeds and nuts and things for gemmotherapy clients. I don't know if he's a practitioner or just supplies the stuff.

Nothing much to be found online - this from Wiki...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemmotherapy
Gemmotherapy [from Lat. gemma, bud, and New Lat. therapīa, Grk. therapeia, medical treatment] is a form of herbal medicine that uses remedies made principally from the embryonic tissue of various trees and shrubs (the buds and emerging shoots), but also from the reproductive parts (the seeds and catkins) and from newly grown tissue (the rootlets and the cortex of rootlets). In two instances, remedies are also made from the sap.
Anybody know any more. I suspect it's guff.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

Tony.Williams

Re: Gemmotherapy

Post by Tony.Williams » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:09 am

Well, everyone knows of the magical properties of stem cells...

I must admit I thought from the title that it was all about making women feel better by giving them diamonds :roll:

chaggle

Post by chaggle » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Tony.Williams wrote:Well, everyone knows of the magical properties of stem cells...

I must admit I thought from the title that it was all about making women feel better by giving them diamonds :roll:
That's Gem Therapy.

http://www.vedicworld.org/gem-therapy/
For thousands of years Ayurvedic healers and Astrologers throughout India and Tibet have prescribed specific gemstones, worn close to the skin, to treat maladies from chronic conditions to infection, as well as enhancing specific cosmic vibrations. Sunlight passing through the stone would transmit a certain frequency that would be absorbed by the cellular structure of the wearer. Over time the patient’s system resonates in sympathy with this new influence and healing begins to take place.
Powerful medicine. :shock:
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:07 pm

chaggle wrote:
Powerful medicine. :shock:
Indeed - and I'm willing to bet that the more valuable the gem, the better the woman will feel :y

polomint38

Post by polomint38 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:12 am

I go old fashioned when I need healing, I dance naked in the local park. This doesn't go down with the local constabulary and magistrates.
The falling is not for the faint of heart.
Spoiler:

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:00 pm

polomint38 wrote: The falling is not for the faint of heart.
:shock:

Many moons ago I knew of a woman called Dawn who married (and took the name of) a chap whose surname was Revell.

How wonderfully pagan a name can you have? :yea