This turned up on my facebook page - in Spanish Google translated to English...
I'm not entirely convinced.Comparison between butter and margarine:
- Both have the same amount of calories.
- Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams for margarine.
- Eating margarine instead of butter can increase by 53% the risk of coronary heart disease in women, according to a recent medical study at Harvard University.
- Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients that
found in other foods.
- Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only because they have been added to make it.
- Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.
- Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has less than 100 years.
Now ... on margarine:
- Very high in fatty acids transgenic. (Yes, those scientists discovered only now are lousy and governments began to ban them).
- Triple risk of coronary heart disease.
- Increases total cholesterol and LDL (bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL (good cholesterol).
- Increases in five times the risk of cancer.
- Lowers quality of breast milk.
- Decreases immune response in the body.
- Decreases insulin reaction.
And here's the most disturbing fact .... Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC ...!
This fact alone is enough to avoid using margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).
You can try this yourself:
Buy a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area.
In a few days you will notice two things:
* No flies, not even those pesky bugs will go near it (that should tell you something).
* Will not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value, nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms can grow in it.
Why? Because it is nearly plastic