Could this be why Chris left her?

bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: Could this be why Chris left her?

Post by bindeweede » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:12 pm

The name rings a tiny bell. I did a quick search and found this. "She thinks she is the master of the universe and expert on health, beauty, and life in general. Let's take a look at the evidence."
"I am African."
"I love being. There's so much wisdom in it. You wake up in the morning and you think, 'hey, isn't it great just being?'"
"We’re human beings and the sun is the sun — how can it be bad for you? I don’t think anything that’s natural can be bad for you."
"I'm really fucking good at my job, and people who are interesting and good know that, and that's all that matters."
"I don't really have drunk friends. My friends are kind of adult; they have a drink. But they hold their liquor. I think it's incredibly embarrassing when people are drunk. It just looks so ridiculous. I find it very degrading. I think, ooh, you're really degrading yourself right now, to be this pissed out in public."
"I'm lucky to have these amazing African genes that keep my skin really youthful. But I also visit a wizened Chinese herbalist once a week to get my eyeballs acupunctured."
"I was starting to hike up the Red Rocks, and honestly, it was as if I'd heard the rock say: 'You have the answers. You are your teacher.'"
"I would rather die than let my kid eat Cup-a-Soup."
"I would rather shoot myself than eat a tomato out of season."
"I'd rather smoke crack than eat cheese from a tin."
"I am who I am. I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year."
"I really think that if you can't afford to get quality food, you just shouldn't get it at all."
"Moisture is the essence of wetness. And wetness is the essence of beauty."
"I absolutely believe in plastic surgery as long as it's all-natural."
"My favorite midnight snack is cold blini from the fridge with just a suggestion of crème fraîche and a whisper of fines herbes."
"When I pass a flowering zucchini plant in a garden, my heart skips a beat."
"I try to avoid barbecue potato chips."
"My grandmother's father was a chicken farmer on Long Island back in the day; so needless to say, chicken soup is in my blood."
"I like living here because I don't fit into the bad side of American psychology. The British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans."
"We have great dinner parties [in Europe] at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature. All this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, 'Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you're wearing?' and I thought, I can't stay here. I have to get back to Europe."
"Every time I have a bikini wax, Cameron Diaz holds me down."
"When my husband and I are going through a rough patch, I like to have Cameron Diaz and Tracy Anderson review videos of our intercourse and give me tips."
"It's what makes life interesting, finding the balance between cigarettes and tofu."
"A guru friend of mine once told me, 'You are only held back by your accomplishments.'"
"You can call me a lot of things, but you can't call me complacent!"
http://tommycryan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0 ... ltrow.html :-o

Zep

Post by Zep » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:13 pm

It must be wonderful to not have to care about real-life concerns. I wonder where I can get some drugs like that!

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:14 pm

When you are that famous I guess you are just surrounded by people who tell you that you are great and right about everything and not that you have disappeared up your own ass.

Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:When you are that famous I guess you are just surrounded by people who tell you that you are great and right about everything and not that you have disappeared up your own ass.
Also, being a famous actress doesn't require intelligence, common sense, or the ability to say anything interesting.

Erm, what has she actually been in? Of the top of my head, without cheating and looking her up on IMDb, I can't think of anything I've seen her in. But she's always in the media.

Wait, still haven't looked her up, honest guv, but she was Pepper Potts in Iron Man? Not a very demanding role and she did it badly.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an

smudge

Post by smudge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:When you are that famous I guess you are just surrounded by people who tell you that you are great and right about everything and not that you have disappeared up your own ass.
Indeed...
I just spent half an hour browsing her blog/online magazine 'goop'. How such a large amount of self indulgent stupidity can be crammed into one place probably demonstrates some type of 'talent'. Not a talent that should be celebrated though.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Without looking I also had Pepper Pots and wasn't she in "Shallow Hal" too.

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:17 pm

I seem to remember enjoying 'Sliding doors' but that was a loooong time ago

DrS

Post by DrS » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:18 pm

She was in Shakespeare in Love, was good in it too, though she wasn't the one originally cast as the female lead ... can't remember now who was.

I think I could tolerate my child eating Cup-a-soup, at least once, rather than having to die on the spot because of it ... but it's all a bit irrelevant anyway if one has to starve because one can't afford "quality food". What a nutjob ...

Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:19 pm

I've seen all of the films mentioned above: Shallow Hall, Sliding Doors, Shakespear In Love. Also seen three other films listed in IMDb. Didn't remember that she was in any of them.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an

Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:19 pm

After SIL a good friend of mine came over all lovestruck with Gwynnie. After forwarding him the info about her wackdoodle status, he informs me his ardour has substantially diminished.

Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Dubious Dick wrote:After SIL a good friend of mine came over all lovestruck with Gwynnie. After forwarding him the info about her wackdoodle status, he informs me his ardour has substantially diminished.
:lol: I knew someone who had a thing about Jenny McCarthy until she started her crazy "anti-vax uneducated mummies know best" campaign.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an

polomint38

Post by polomint38 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Croydon13013 wrote:
Dubious Dick wrote:After SIL a good friend of mine came over all lovestruck with Gwynnie. After forwarding him the info about her wackdoodle status, he informs me his ardour has substantially diminished.
:lol: I knew someone who had a thing about Jenny McCarthy until she started her crazy "anti-vax uneducated mummies know best" campaign.
I would probably give Sarah Palin a go, if she offered, regardless of her wackadoodleness. Although I think I would have more chance with Michael Palin. :spa :spa :spa :spa

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:22 pm

polomint38 wrote:
Croydon13013 wrote:
I would probably give Sarah Palin a go, if she offered, regardless of her wackadoodleness. Although I think I would have more chance with Michael Palin. :spa :spa :spa :spa
Michael Palin? I would.... :h4

Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:25 pm

You are derailing my serious thread! Stop it! If you want to start another thread about who you would or would not 'give a go to' or 'do' then feel free! With pictures, preferably of a salacious nature. Also, as we are supposed to be inquiring skeptics, you need to be specific about exactly what and how you would 'do' said target of you admiration. :ck