Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

roscoe
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by roscoe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Zep wrote:What, you still here?

1) Evidence that I have dismissed anything. As I said, if you have anything else to dispel this POV, bring it on. We're waiting... So far your evidence has been absolutely pathetic, if not zero, for your own scenario(s). You need to pick up your game on that.

2) Change the NIST report wording! Wow. That means it must be wrong if they change the wording. They can't possibly be making it more accurate with each revision or anything like that, could they. Your argument also means all dictionaries are completely wrong - they keep changing those all the time too, you know, on a regular basis. :wry

3) Ah, I see where you're coming from now...

4) Yes, George Bush Senior is indeed a lizard-king. He stole the elections once for himself and twice for his nitwit offspring by poisoning election officials with hallucinogens to make them count the votes incorrectly. "Hanging chads" are not just voting card issues but a veiled reference to how they will deal with recalcitrant election officials once the FEMA deathcamps get started up. Any time now... Also Queen Elizabeth II is a lizard, and eats puppies for breakfast. The Duke of Edinburgh has been known to eat a polopony whole. The Dutch royal family had a secret tunnel dug under The Channel right beside the train one which they use to transport crates of cash, diamonds, drugs and dead dogs for the dinner table. 23-skiddoo, yer father's mustache. This all makes sense to you, doesn't it, roscoe?

5) If this is the quality of your "evidence" so far, your "warmed up" stuff will be truly amazing. I can hardly wait. :wry
I certainly am still here

To be honest I'm a little disappointed, JREF was a more challenging. At least they attempted to bring up counter evidence. Which of course I instantly blew away.

(1) Did you that ACARS from Flights 175 and 93 were still being received long AFTER they had supposedly crashed?

(2) How I remember the times when all you BOXCUTTER CONSPIRACY THEORISTS were all saying that the towers didn't fall at free free fall speed. How we all loved it when the 911 truth movement forced NIST kicking and screaming to state IN THEIR REPORT that the towers DID FALL AT FREE FALL SPEED. So any further comment from you Boxcutter Conspiracy Theorists that the towers didn't fall at free fall speed we will instantly refer you to the OFFICIAL conclusion of what happened during the tower collapse.

(3) I'm coming from a hatfull of questions that need to be answered in a New Inquiry.

(4) Attention please. Could someone please return Zep's marbles. He/She/It is gibbering.

(5) Well I haven't started on the Pentagon attack anomalies yet. Nor on the recently released NEADS tape data.[

User avatar
Zep
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by Zep » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:45 pm

roscoe wrote:
Zep wrote:What, you still here?

1) Evidence that I have dismissed anything. As I said, if you have anything else to dispel this POV, bring it on. We're waiting... So far your evidence has been absolutely pathetic, if not zero, for your own scenario(s). You need to pick up your game on that.

2) Change the NIST report wording! Wow. That means it must be wrong if they change the wording. They can't possibly be making it more accurate with each revision or anything like that, could they. Your argument also means all dictionaries are completely wrong - they keep changing those all the time too, you know, on a regular basis. :wry

3) Ah, I see where you're coming from now...

4) Yes, George Bush Senior is indeed a lizard-king. He stole the elections once for himself and twice for his nitwit offspring by poisoning election officials with hallucinogens to make them count the votes incorrectly. "Hanging chads" are not just voting card issues but a veiled reference to how they will deal with recalcitrant election officials once the FEMA deathcamps get started up. Any time now... Also Queen Elizabeth II is a lizard, and eats puppies for breakfast. The Duke of Edinburgh has been known to eat a polopony whole. The Dutch royal family had a secret tunnel dug under The Channel right beside the train one which they use to transport crates of cash, diamonds, drugs and dead dogs for the dinner table. 23-skiddoo, yer father's mustache. This all makes sense to you, doesn't it, roscoe?

5) If this is the quality of your "evidence" so far, your "warmed up" stuff will be truly amazing. I can hardly wait. :wry
I certainly am still here

To be honest I'm a little disappointed, JREF was a more challenging. At least they attempted to bring up counter evidence. Which of course I instantly blew away.

(1) Did you that ACARS from Flights 175 and 93 were still being received long AFTER they had supposedly crashed?

(2) How I remember the times when all you BOXCUTTER CONSPIRACY THEORISTS were all saying that the towers didn't fall at free free fall speed. How we all loved it when the 911 truth movement forced NIST kicking and screaming to state IN THEIR REPORT that the towers DID FALL AT FREE FALL SPEED. So any further comment from you Boxcutter Conspiracy Theorists that the towers didn't fall at free fall speed we will instantly refer you to the OFFICIAL conclusion of what happened during the tower collapse.

(3) I'm coming from a hatfull of questions that need to be answered in a New Inquiry.

(4) Attention please. Could someone please return Zep's marbles. He/She/It is gibbering.

(5) Well I haven't started on the Pentagon attack anomalies yet. Nor on the recently released NEADS tape data.
I'm not on JREF. You haven't produced anything yet that needs "blowing away" by us. You keep threatening to do that but so far we are still waiting for an actual ball to be pitched.

1) Evidence?

2) When was this hoary old chestnut of "free fall speed" thoroughly demolished, folks? Well before 2006, wasn't it? It was a Troofer standard that even they were forced to give up on eventually because they looked so pathetically stupid if they persisted. And now you are still trying to bring it back. :hse

3) Clearly, then, you have a hatfull of solid, testable evidence that refutes all that the rest of the world knows about 9/11 that is not Alex Jones, Youtube videos, neo-Nazi rantings, or Loose Change dribble. Obama's in the White House now, not Shrub, so send him a letter asking for a "New Inquiry" (your capitals, not mine). I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately. Let us know how you go.

4) Sorry if you had trouble understanding, I was writing in your language. I even copied some stuff from some of your own references.

5) Oh why not? Are you still trying to construct a fantasy around it that matches your schizoid outlook? (Look up "schizoid" before you get all bent out of shape about it.)

roscoe
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by roscoe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:46 pm

Zep wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Zep wrote:What, you still here?

1) Evidence that I have dismissed anything. As I said, if you have anything else to dispel this POV, bring it on. We're waiting... So far your evidence has been absolutely pathetic, if not zero, for your own scenario(s). You need to pick up your game on that.

2) Change the NIST report wording! Wow. That means it must be wrong if they change the wording. They can't possibly be making it more accurate with each revision or anything like that, could they. Your argument also means all dictionaries are completely wrong - they keep changing those all the time too, you know, on a regular basis. :wry

3) Ah, I see where you're coming from now...

4) Yes, George Bush Senior is indeed a lizard-king. He stole the elections once for himself and twice for his nitwit offspring by poisoning election officials with hallucinogens to make them count the votes incorrectly. "Hanging chads" are not just voting card issues but a veiled reference to how they will deal with recalcitrant election officials once the FEMA deathcamps get started up. Any time now... Also Queen Elizabeth II is a lizard, and eats puppies for breakfast. The Duke of Edinburgh has been known to eat a polopony whole. The Dutch royal family had a secret tunnel dug under The Channel right beside the train one which they use to transport crates of cash, diamonds, drugs and dead dogs for the dinner table. 23-skiddoo, yer father's mustache. This all makes sense to you, doesn't it, roscoe?

5) If this is the quality of your "evidence" so far, your "warmed up" stuff will be truly amazing. I can hardly wait. :wry
I certainly am still here

To be honest I'm a little disappointed, JREF was a more challenging. At least they attempted to bring up counter evidence. Which of course I instantly blew away.

(1) Did you that ACARS from Flights 175 and 93 were still being received long AFTER they had supposedly crashed?

(2) How I remember the times when all you BOXCUTTER CONSPIRACY THEORISTS were all saying that the towers didn't fall at free free fall speed. How we all loved it when the 911 truth movement forced NIST kicking and screaming to state IN THEIR REPORT that the towers DID FALL AT FREE FALL SPEED. So any further comment from you Boxcutter Conspiracy Theorists that the towers didn't fall at free fall speed we will instantly refer you to the OFFICIAL conclusion of what happened during the tower collapse.

(3) I'm coming from a hatfull of questions that need to be answered in a New Inquiry.

(4) Attention please. Could someone please return Zep's marbles. He/She/It is gibbering.

(5) Well I haven't started on the Pentagon attack anomalies yet. Nor on the recently released NEADS tape data.
I'm not on JREF. You haven't produced anything yet that needs "blowing away" by us. You keep threatening to do that but so far we are still waiting for an actual ball to be pitched.

1) Evidence?

2) When was this hoary old chestnut of "free fall speed" thoroughly demolished, folks? Well before 2006, wasn't it? It was a Troofer standard that even they were forced to give up on eventually because they looked so pathetically stupid if they persisted. And now you are still trying to bring it back. :hse

3) Clearly, then, you have a hatfull of solid, testable evidence that refutes all that the rest of the world knows about 9/11 that is not Alex Jones, Youtube videos, neo-Nazi rantings, or Loose Change dribble. Obama's in the White House now, not Shrub, so send him a letter asking for a "New Inquiry" (your capitals, not mine). I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately. Let us know how you go.

4) Sorry if you had trouble understanding, I was writing in your language. I even copied some stuff from some of your own references.

5) Oh why not? Are you still trying to construct a fantasy around it that matches your schizoid outlook? (Look up "schizoid" before you get all bent out of shape about it.)
What you mean is I haven't produced anything that you've dared to look at.

Deliberately and willfully staying in a state of ignorance is the actions of a halfwit.

Found out what ACARS is yet?

Here's another snippet for you. (I'll give you one a day, you can't seem to handle too many all at once)

The black box data for flight 77 that 'allegedly' went into the Pentagon shows that the flight deck door was closed for the entire flight. Care to explain that?

Remind me again. Wasn't it supposed to have been hijacked? Don't tell me let me guess. They crawled in through the window :cl

User avatar
Zep
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by Zep » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:48 pm

roscoe wrote:What you mean is I haven't produced anything that you've dared to look at.
Whenever someone starts their argument with "What you mean is..." then what follows is invariably a strawman. And lo and behold!
Deliberately and willfully staying in a state of ignorance is the actions of a halfwit.
Oh we know, we know! Do you own a mirror?
Found out what ACARS is yet?
Do you work in the airline industry too?
Here's another snippet for you. (I'll give you one a day, you can't seem to handle too many all at once)
Yeah, I'm struggling to keep all these balls juggling. So far I'm up to zero...
The black box data for flight 77 that 'allegedly' went into the Pentagon shows that the flight deck door was closed for the entire flight. Care to explain that?
Oooh! Something from a PilotsFor911Truth newsflash! http://pilotsfor911truth.org/latestnews.html I'm sure both remaining members of that organization have properly researched this.
Remind me again. Wasn't it supposed to have been hijacked? Don't tell me let me guess. They crawled in through the window :cl
This is your fairy tale. How about you tell it? C'mon, entertain us!

Image

User avatar
chaggle
Posts: 2313
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by chaggle » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:49 pm

roscoe wrote:
Zep wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Zep wrote:What, you still here?

1) Evidence that I have dismissed anything. As I said, if you have anything else to dispel this POV, bring it on. We're waiting... So far your evidence has been absolutely pathetic, if not zero, for your own scenario(s). You need to pick up your game on that.

2) Change the NIST report wording! Wow. That means it must be wrong if they change the wording. They can't possibly be making it more accurate with each revision or anything like that, could they. Your argument also means all dictionaries are completely wrong - they keep changing those all the time too, you know, on a regular basis. :wry

3) Ah, I see where you're coming from now...

4) Yes, George Bush Senior is indeed a lizard-king. He stole the elections once for himself and twice for his nitwit offspring by poisoning election officials with hallucinogens to make them count the votes incorrectly. "Hanging chads" are not just voting card issues but a veiled reference to how they will deal with recalcitrant election officials once the FEMA deathcamps get started up. Any time now... Also Queen Elizabeth II is a lizard, and eats puppies for breakfast. The Duke of Edinburgh has been known to eat a polopony whole. The Dutch royal family had a secret tunnel dug under The Channel right beside the train one which they use to transport crates of cash, diamonds, drugs and dead dogs for the dinner table. 23-skiddoo, yer father's mustache. This all makes sense to you, doesn't it, roscoe?

5) If this is the quality of your "evidence" so far, your "warmed up" stuff will be truly amazing. I can hardly wait. :wry
I certainly am still here

To be honest I'm a little disappointed, JREF was a more challenging. At least they attempted to bring up counter evidence. Which of course I instantly blew away.

(1) Did you that ACARS from Flights 175 and 93 were still being received long AFTER they had supposedly crashed?

(2) How I remember the times when all you BOXCUTTER CONSPIRACY THEORISTS were all saying that the towers didn't fall at free free fall speed. How we all loved it when the 911 truth movement forced NIST kicking and screaming to state IN THEIR REPORT that the towers DID FALL AT FREE FALL SPEED. So any further comment from you Boxcutter Conspiracy Theorists that the towers didn't fall at free fall speed we will instantly refer you to the OFFICIAL conclusion of what happened during the tower collapse.

(3) I'm coming from a hatfull of questions that need to be answered in a New Inquiry.

(4) Attention please. Could someone please return Zep's marbles. He/She/It is gibbering.

(5) Well I haven't started on the Pentagon attack anomalies yet. Nor on the recently released NEADS tape data.
I'm not on JREF. You haven't produced anything yet that needs "blowing away" by us. You keep threatening to do that but so far we are still waiting for an actual ball to be pitched.

1) Evidence?

2) When was this hoary old chestnut of "free fall speed" thoroughly demolished, folks? Well before 2006, wasn't it? It was a Troofer standard that even they were forced to give up on eventually because they looked so pathetically stupid if they persisted. And now you are still trying to bring it back. :hse

3) Clearly, then, you have a hatfull of solid, testable evidence that refutes all that the rest of the world knows about 9/11 that is not Alex Jones, Youtube videos, neo-Nazi rantings, or Loose Change dribble. Obama's in the White House now, not Shrub, so send him a letter asking for a "New Inquiry" (your capitals, not mine). I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately. Let us know how you go.

4) Sorry if you had trouble understanding, I was writing in your language. I even copied some stuff from some of your own references.

5) Oh why not? Are you still trying to construct a fantasy around it that matches your schizoid outlook? (Look up "schizoid" before you get all bent out of shape about it.)
What you mean is I haven't produced anything that you've dared to look at.

Deliberately and willfully staying in a state of ignorance is the actions of a halfwit.

Found out what ACARS is yet?

Here's another snippet for you. (I'll give you one a day, you can't seem to handle too many all at once)

The black box data for flight 77 that 'allegedly' went into the Pentagon shows that the flight deck door was closed for the entire flight. Care to explain that?

Remind me again. Wasn't it supposed to have been hijacked? Don't tell me let me guess. They crawled in through the window :cl
You first...
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

roscoe
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by roscoe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:51 pm

chaggle wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Zep wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Zep wrote:What, you still here?

1) Evidence that I have dismissed anything. As I said, if you have anything else to dispel this POV, bring it on. We're waiting... So far your evidence has been absolutely pathetic, if not zero, for your own scenario(s). You need to pick up your game on that.

2) Change the NIST report wording! Wow. That means it must be wrong if they change the wording. They can't possibly be making it more accurate with each revision or anything like that, could they. Your argument also means all dictionaries are completely wrong - they keep changing those all the time too, you know, on a regular basis. :wry

3) Ah, I see where you're coming from now...

4) Yes, George Bush Senior is indeed a lizard-king. He stole the elections once for himself and twice for his nitwit offspring by poisoning election officials with hallucinogens to make them count the votes incorrectly. "Hanging chads" are not just voting card issues but a veiled reference to how they will deal with recalcitrant election officials once the FEMA deathcamps get started up. Any time now... Also Queen Elizabeth II is a lizard, and eats puppies for breakfast. The Duke of Edinburgh has been known to eat a polopony whole. The Dutch royal family had a secret tunnel dug under The Channel right beside the train one which they use to transport crates of cash, diamonds, drugs and dead dogs for the dinner table. 23-skiddoo, yer father's mustache. This all makes sense to you, doesn't it, roscoe?

5) If this is the quality of your "evidence" so far, your "warmed up" stuff will be truly amazing. I can hardly wait. :wry
I certainly am still here

To be honest I'm a little disappointed, JREF was a more challenging. At least they attempted to bring up counter evidence. Which of course I instantly blew away.

(1) Did you that ACARS from Flights 175 and 93 were still being received long AFTER they had supposedly crashed?

(2) How I remember the times when all you BOXCUTTER CONSPIRACY THEORISTS were all saying that the towers didn't fall at free free fall speed. How we all loved it when the 911 truth movement forced NIST kicking and screaming to state IN THEIR REPORT that the towers DID FALL AT FREE FALL SPEED. So any further comment from you Boxcutter Conspiracy Theorists that the towers didn't fall at free fall speed we will instantly refer you to the OFFICIAL conclusion of what happened during the tower collapse.

(3) I'm coming from a hatfull of questions that need to be answered in a New Inquiry.

(4) Attention please. Could someone please return Zep's marbles. He/She/It is gibbering.

(5) Well I haven't started on the Pentagon attack anomalies yet. Nor on the recently released NEADS tape data.
I'm not on JREF. You haven't produced anything yet that needs "blowing away" by us. You keep threatening to do that but so far we are still waiting for an actual ball to be pitched.

1) Evidence?

2) When was this hoary old chestnut of "free fall speed" thoroughly demolished, folks? Well before 2006, wasn't it? It was a Troofer standard that even they were forced to give up on eventually because they looked so pathetically stupid if they persisted. And now you are still trying to bring it back. :hse

3) Clearly, then, you have a hatfull of solid, testable evidence that refutes all that the rest of the world knows about 9/11 that is not Alex Jones, Youtube videos, neo-Nazi rantings, or Loose Change dribble. Obama's in the White House now, not Shrub, so send him a letter asking for a "New Inquiry" (your capitals, not mine). I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately. Let us know how you go.

4) Sorry if you had trouble understanding, I was writing in your language. I even copied some stuff from some of your own references.

5) Oh why not? Are you still trying to construct a fantasy around it that matches your schizoid outlook? (Look up "schizoid" before you get all bent out of shape about it.)
What you mean is I haven't produced anything that you've dared to look at.

Deliberately and willfully staying in a state of ignorance is the actions of a halfwit.

Found out what ACARS is yet?

Here's another snippet for you. (I'll give you one a day, you can't seem to handle too many all at once)

The black box data for flight 77 that 'allegedly' went into the Pentagon shows that the flight deck door was closed for the entire flight. Care to explain that?

Remind me again. Wasn't it supposed to have been hijacked? Don't tell me let me guess. They crawled in through the window :cl
You first...
I've been first all the time.

So

Flight cabin door locked.

ACARS from United 175 still acknowledging 35 mins AFTER it had crashed?

What is this? If you ignore these awkward pieces of evidence long enough they will go away and you wont have to deal with them? Sorry ain't gonna happen. They're gonna remain in your face.

By the way.

You might not be able to handle this and acting in denial but remember there are others reading this and I'm preaching to them.

User avatar
chaggle
Posts: 2313
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by chaggle » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:52 pm

roscoe wrote:
chaggle wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Zep wrote:
roscoe wrote:
Zep wrote:What, you still here?

1) Evidence that I have dismissed anything. As I said, if you have anything else to dispel this POV, bring it on. We're waiting... So far your evidence has been absolutely pathetic, if not zero, for your own scenario(s). You need to pick up your game on that.

2) Change the NIST report wording! Wow. That means it must be wrong if they change the wording. They can't possibly be making it more accurate with each revision or anything like that, could they. Your argument also means all dictionaries are completely wrong - they keep changing those all the time too, you know, on a regular basis. :wry

3) Ah, I see where you're coming from now...

4) Yes, George Bush Senior is indeed a lizard-king. He stole the elections once for himself and twice for his nitwit offspring by poisoning election officials with hallucinogens to make them count the votes incorrectly. "Hanging chads" are not just voting card issues but a veiled reference to how they will deal with recalcitrant election officials once the FEMA deathcamps get started up. Any time now... Also Queen Elizabeth II is a lizard, and eats puppies for breakfast. The Duke of Edinburgh has been known to eat a polopony whole. The Dutch royal family had a secret tunnel dug under The Channel right beside the train one which they use to transport crates of cash, diamonds, drugs and dead dogs for the dinner table. 23-skiddoo, yer father's mustache. This all makes sense to you, doesn't it, roscoe?

5) If this is the quality of your "evidence" so far, your "warmed up" stuff will be truly amazing. I can hardly wait. :wry
I certainly am still here

To be honest I'm a little disappointed, JREF was a more challenging. At least they attempted to bring up counter evidence. Which of course I instantly blew away.

(1) Did you that ACARS from Flights 175 and 93 were still being received long AFTER they had supposedly crashed?

(2) How I remember the times when all you BOXCUTTER CONSPIRACY THEORISTS were all saying that the towers didn't fall at free free fall speed. How we all loved it when the 911 truth movement forced NIST kicking and screaming to state IN THEIR REPORT that the towers DID FALL AT FREE FALL SPEED. So any further comment from you Boxcutter Conspiracy Theorists that the towers didn't fall at free fall speed we will instantly refer you to the OFFICIAL conclusion of what happened during the tower collapse.

(3) I'm coming from a hatfull of questions that need to be answered in a New Inquiry.

(4) Attention please. Could someone please return Zep's marbles. He/She/It is gibbering.

(5) Well I haven't started on the Pentagon attack anomalies yet. Nor on the recently released NEADS tape data.
I'm not on JREF. You haven't produced anything yet that needs "blowing away" by us. You keep threatening to do that but so far we are still waiting for an actual ball to be pitched.

1) Evidence?

2) When was this hoary old chestnut of "free fall speed" thoroughly demolished, folks? Well before 2006, wasn't it? It was a Troofer standard that even they were forced to give up on eventually because they looked so pathetically stupid if they persisted. And now you are still trying to bring it back. :hse

3) Clearly, then, you have a hatfull of solid, testable evidence that refutes all that the rest of the world knows about 9/11 that is not Alex Jones, Youtube videos, neo-Nazi rantings, or Loose Change dribble. Obama's in the White House now, not Shrub, so send him a letter asking for a "New Inquiry" (your capitals, not mine). I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately. Let us know how you go.

4) Sorry if you had trouble understanding, I was writing in your language. I even copied some stuff from some of your own references.

5) Oh why not? Are you still trying to construct a fantasy around it that matches your schizoid outlook? (Look up "schizoid" before you get all bent out of shape about it.)
What you mean is I haven't produced anything that you've dared to look at.

Deliberately and willfully staying in a state of ignorance is the actions of a halfwit.

Found out what ACARS is yet?

Here's another snippet for you. (I'll give you one a day, you can't seem to handle too many all at once)

The black box data for flight 77 that 'allegedly' went into the Pentagon shows that the flight deck door was closed for the entire flight. Care to explain that?

Remind me again. Wasn't it supposed to have been hijacked? Don't tell me let me guess. They crawled in through the window :cl
You first...
I've been first all the time.

So

Flight cabin door locked.

ACARS from United 175 still acknowledging 35 mins AFTER it had crashed?

What is this? If you ignore these awkward pieces of evidence long enough they will go away and you wont have to deal with them? Sorry ain't gonna happen. They're gonna remain in your face.

By the way.

You might not be able to handle this and acting in denial but remember there are others reading this and I'm preaching to them.
No you haven't been first at all. You continually expect us to speculate while completely refusing to do so yourself. :hb
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

User avatar
Zep
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by Zep » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:53 pm

Hey Chaggle, just a hint: When you quote roscoe, edit out all his preceding comments but the one you are responding to, and also erase his HTTP links to his Youtube crap. He's only doing this to increase his Google count and cross-references by multiplying his text by being ornery and making you respond.

I should have spotted this earlier myself...

Tony Williams
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Somewhere in England
Contact:

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by Tony Williams » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:54 pm

One thing which intrigues me about conspiracy theorists is that they immediately accept as true anything on the internet which supports their pre-conceived notions (without a hint of skepticism about the source) while refusing to accept any contrary information supplied by any official sources.

A true skeptic is skeptical about everything unless it is supported by an appropriate level of evidence: the more improbable the notion, and the more unqualified the source, the higher the level of evidence required for its acceptance.

Now I am well aware that all governments, or indeed most organisations of any sort, try to conceal or distract attention from anything which shows them in a bad light. However, governments are increasingly poor at getting away with it, as Wikileaks and Snowden have demonstrated. The probability of a government conspiracy which would allow a successful terrorist strike against their own country, involving the deaths of thousands of their own citizens, and even add to the mayhem by exploding their own bombs, is so remote that incontrovertible evidence would be required before it could even be considered. I have seen no such evidence - and if it existed, it would certainly be covered by reputable news media in the same way that Wikileaks and Snowden were (much to government annoyance).

Conspiracy theorists are fond of portraying those who broadly accept the consensus on events like 9/11 as gullible fools. But their unquestioning acceptance of all kinds of unverified assertions and carefully edited video clips on the internet makes them an order of magnitude more gullible and foolish.

User avatar
Zep
Posts: 1315
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by Zep » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:55 pm

good post

panama
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Re: Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories.

Post by panama » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Zep wrote:good post
Ditto for me. Nicely reasoned, Tony. :bwg

Post Reply