" Gary Mannion discovers the world "

Ketchup

Re: " Gary Mannion discovers the world "

Post by Ketchup » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:17 pm

bindeweede wrote:Gary Mannion claimed that it was his "spirit team" who faked the activities in the seance which was filmed at the Banyan Retreat.
When referring to his "spirit team", he is actually blaming the so-called 'team' that work with him in the spirit world (as in 'Abraham' being one of them ...) :ro
bindeweede wrote:This is how three of them responded.
The three 'respondents' referred to here - are actually three of his [séance] circle leaders, those living beings who worked with him when he held his so-called séances - all of whom, up until presented with the incriminating video, it transpires were totally unsuspecting and literally in the dark as to his deceit. They are responding to Gary's claims of 'it's not me - it's the spirits wot dunnit!
" We have already given three of fraudulent medium Gary Mannion's circle leaders the opportunity to express their shock and anger on seeing the covertly filmed video of the "séance" he held at Banyan Retreat in May (PN July 2016).

He is claiming that his "spirit team" were responsible for entrancing him and then using his body to create the effects of genuine physical phenomena, including a full-form materialisation which the video shows to be a near-naked Mannion.

Psychic News has now spoken again to these circle leaders, who have sat with him regularly, two of them for years, after they have had the opportunity to watch Mannion's You Tube Q&A session in which he maintains his spirit team were in control throughout.
Do they accept this claim?
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Just a little update.

On a site I have recently come across, he advertises himself as " Gary Mannion, Actor, Model." Though he is honest with, "Acting experience: No previous acting experience".

And, "Modeling experience: Beginner, starting out."

https://www.starnow.com/garymannion

But he has had an article written about him in "Your Dog" magazine, apparently. So that's encouraging.

But strangely, no mention of the seances he faked last year?

chaggle

Post by chaggle » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:54 am

Bizarre to say the least. :sh

He missed Comedy Abraham off his accents list.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

Ketchup

Post by Ketchup » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:35 pm

chaggle wrote:He missed Comedy Abraham off his accents list.
I think Gary's version of 'Abraham' speaking comes under the "UK posh" heading. :roll:

Gary's [current] website has thinned down to almost a skeleton - but it hasn't disappeared altogether, and it's not clear whether he is still peddling his wares in various forms in Australia, some parts of the UK, Norway, Sweden and Germany (or whether these scaled-down event details are actually leftovers from passed events).

http://lightafterlife.freeforums.org/in ... t1315.html

Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:42 pm

If Mannion can be an actor and/or model then there's still hope for polomint's career.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:09 pm

Following the exposé in June 2016 of Mannion's fake seances, (https://thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com/ ... ing-fraud/) a new video has appeared - dated Dec 6, 2017 where those accusations and other issues are discussed. "Damage limitation exercise" is a phrase that comes to mind, but as usual, his sincerity simply oozes. :clap

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Ketchup

Post by Ketchup » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 am

bindeweede wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:09 pm
a new video has appeared - dated Dec 6, 2017 where those accusations and other issues are discussed.
".... trance puppetry" ??? :fp

So, he is now beseeching people to take no notice of his "experimental" so-called Physical Mediumship - and to concentrate on the "real" stuff that he has been doing for 11 years (yes - it's been that long since he first came on UK-Skeptics!) ... i.e. psychic surgery, the medical professionals who have confirmed his "success rate" in this field, the research at the university, etc (which never happened, cos "they never came back to him" about it - "couldn't get an interested expert GP for the panel" ....)

As far as the PM (physical mediumship) is concerned - it's all a big frame-up, dontcha know .... "Other people are doing the same thing, but they're not being punished for it ..." LOL - he (Gary Mannion) even called out one of those (Warren Caylor) as a fraud(!) a couple of years back - but nobody listened to him .... :gh

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Hey folks, still time to book a session with Mannion..... "psychic surgery performed by a very talented medium, taking healing to the next level." (From Facebook.) Next level of what, who knows, but this interested me....
Psychic surgeon Gary Mannion is here with us 26th Feb 2018
Please call to book your healing session. Cost £35
Money is required prior to the event.
Just wondering why prepayment necessary. Obviously not because victims...sorry "patients"..might be less than satisfied. :shock:
http://www.alteadownley.co.uk/Events---Courses.html

Ketchup

Post by Ketchup » Thu May 31, 2018 1:53 pm

Can't find my favourite smiley for this subject ... (beating that poor horse with a stick). Where did it go? None of the others express the appropriate sentiment.

From Psychic News magazine - June 2018 edition:
Despite his exposure as a fraud, Mannion continues to work in a number of capacities within Spiritualism - mostly at the Wallacia Development Centre in Australia - running training courses and giving healing, as well as holding "physical séances", though these are seldom advertised as such.

Astonishingly, his latest attempt to recover from the exposure scandal has led to a poster about his mediumship appearing on Wallacia's Facebook page in which claims are made that his "spirit" workers have "established themselves as an excellent experimental team validated through scientific testing and meeting all criteria of the TRUTH Campaign via Spiritual National Union. The Spirit Team are now wishing to push forward and once again allow séances to be accessible to the public".
This is a blatant lie. The whole point of the TRUTH Campaign is that it involves independent assessment. Mediums do not assess themselves. The implication that the Spiritualists' National Union has given him its seal of approval is also false, and we hope the SNU will take suitable action. "

If Mannion has produced phenomena under the Campaign's stringent test conditions and has video footage of his "séances" to prove it, why has it not been made public, in the same way that Banyan Retreat has done with his fraudulent performance?

The answer, we understand, is that his "spirit team" is not yet ready! What do they have to hide, one wonders?

So here's our challenge to Mannion and all others who claim to be able to demonstrate physical phenomena for financial gain to groups of people outside of a home circle.

Contact Psychic News and we will arrange for you to demonstrate your powers in front of a panel of experienced assessors. The test séance will be filmed using non-invasive thermal imaging technology.

And we urge Spiritualists everywhere to put pressure on churches and centres to use only the services of physical mediums who are prepared to be tested and approved by independent observers.

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Thu May 31, 2018 2:44 pm

I did a bit of searching out of curiosity and stumbled across this: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

Looks promising....?

Ketchup

Post by Ketchup » Thu May 31, 2018 11:56 pm

Tony.Williams wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:44 pm
I did a bit of searching out of curiosity and stumbled across this: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

Looks promising....?
Am I missing something there?

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:30 am

Ketchup, I was thinking the same. Perhaps Tony's link went a bit wrong?? Edit. I entered "Gary Mannion" in to the link and up popped an article which Tony might have wanted to quote.

(Posted via phone......a bit of (unusual) insomnia.)

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:31 am

Sorry for the confusion - I looked up Gary Mannion (knew nothing about him) and while reading some of the denunciations of him I found a reference to the "rationalwiki" site, which I hadn't come across before and seems quite interesting.

Ketchup

Post by Ketchup » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:13 am

Tony.Williams wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:31 am
Sorry for the confusion - I looked up Gary Mannion (knew nothing about him) and while reading some of the denunciations of him I found a reference to the "rationalwiki" site, which I hadn't come across before and seems quite interesting.
Huge : thdown for the so-called "rationalwiki" site. :evil: Those guys are not skeptics; they are just a pack of murder of squawking crows. :twisted:

Here's something I prepared earlier (as the saying goes): https://krazykats.forumotion.co.uk/t250 ... s-at-large
These pages are controlled by a few self-appointed “skeptics” who serve as de facto censors for Wikipedia. They clothe their objections in the language of the narrowest possible understanding of science in order to inhibit open discussion of innovation in health care. As gatekeepers for the status quo, they refuse discourse with leading edge research scientists and clinicians or, for that matter, anyone with a different point of view. Fair-minded referees should be given the responsibility of monitoring these important areas.
...The Guerrilla Skeptics are well trained, highly motivated, have an ideological agenda, and operate in teams, contrary to Wikipedia rules... They have already seized control of many Wikipedia pages, deleted entries on subjects they disapprove of, and boosted the biographies of atheists.

As far as Gary Mannion is concerned, here is something also prepared earlier: https://lightafterlife.forumotion.com/t ... d-as-fraud

chaggle

Post by chaggle » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:05 am

Tony.Williams wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:31 am
Yes - rationalwiki is a good resource - always used with circumspection of course. I use it like wikpedia - as a first port of call - but by no means definitive. If I'm reading an article and get the definite feeling that a the writer is dodgy - it often confirms that.

It's naturally unpopular with woos. :roll:
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con