"Trump Is Making Decline Great Again."

bindeweede
Site Admin

"Trump Is Making Decline Great Again."

Post by bindeweede » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:39 pm

The G7 in Canada this weekend featured a number of firsts in international affairs — the first time a US president repudiated a document he had signed; the first time an entire alliance had turned on Washington in public; the first time an American president got his economics exactly backward in public by claiming that the U.S. subsidizes allies who actually, by continuing to buy dollars and invest in the US, subsidize us.
Just one opinion, of course. An interesting and ultimately rather depressing read.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... again.html

ETA. And another interesting and disconcerting article. Just Lefty propaganda, I expect.
Meet the guys who tape Trump's papers back together.

Tony.Williams

Re: "Trump Is Making Decline Great Again."

Post by Tony.Williams » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 am

I vaguely hoped that Trump might become more conventional when faced with the day-to-day reality of government, but instead he seems to be getting more outrageous as he grows in confidence. I can't see this having a good ending. The one person who is surely most delighted about current goings-on must be Putin.

So much for the UK being able to rely on a close relationship with the US to support us post-Brexit. :gh

Croydon13013

Re: "Trump Is Making Decline Great Again."

Post by Croydon13013 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Tony.Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 am
So much for the UK being able to rely on a close relationship with the US to support us post-Brexit. :gh
Yes. This.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an