"No responsible government would keep Johnson in post."

bindeweede
Site Admin

"No responsible government would keep Johnson in post."

Post by bindeweede » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:44 pm

Ian Dunt, earlier today, on Boris Johnson. Worth a read, though just one opinion, of course.

Regarding May, "If she gave a damn about the national interest Johnson would never have been allowed anywhere near the Foreign Office. His presence there indicates that Britain has become a joke nation, a country so embroiled in its own nonsense machinations that people totally unsuited to the task of foreign affairs are installed in positions of enormous influence."

http://politics.co.uk/blogs/2018/04/05/ ... on-in-post

chaggle

Re: "No responsible government would keep Johnson in post."

Post by chaggle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Many of us were convinced that he was given that job to ensure Brexit would fail.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:42 pm

He, Davis, and that other ninny were given their jobs solely to appease the RW of the Tory party. (My little insignificant comment, but.......17,000 posts!!!!😀)

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:28 am

I assumed that his survival was due to the "inside pissing out" theory: if May sacked him, he would be unleashed to become a major headache for her government. And as a bonus, every time he makes a fool of himself, his chances of becoming PM diminish a bit more (well, they ought to in a sane world, anyway).

The problem with this approach is that if he keeps pissing out of the tent, he will piss on more and more people who will duly become pissed off. :roll: