Eurovision Song Contest.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Eurovision Song Contest.

Post by bindeweede » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Sorry, I was going to write about "this vomit-inducing abomination", but I haven't wasted my time watching it for many years, so any comment from me would be unfair. But when I was 13, this simple little number won. I expect things have changed.

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Asthmatic Camel

Re: Eurovision Song Contest.

Post by Asthmatic Camel » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:45 pm

I used to watch it for Terry Wogan's sarcastic commentary. I don't recall enjoying one single song.

chaggle

Post by chaggle » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:46 pm

I love Eurovision!!

It's compulsive viewing as each performance competes to be either more bizarre or banal than the previous one. Lavish sets, pretty girls (or boys - up to you), the odd decent song (although that's not the point of it at all) - dodgy block voting (the most entertaining part of the show) - what's not to like?

I missed last night's show (some sort of 'best of' compilation?) but I'll catch up on it today.

(BTW Missed last night's show because we had Gogglebox on - also bizarrely compulsive viewing)
:thumb:
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

Zep

Post by Zep » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Asthmatic Camel wrote:I used to watch it for Terry Wogan's sarcastic commentary. I don't recall enjoying one single song.
Oh surely not! Didn't you get all steamed when this appeared?

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Asthmatic Camel

Post by Asthmatic Camel » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:47 pm

You just had to, didn't you?

I may just have to sell my house, remortgage my wife and buy a ticket to Oz to hunt you down and kill you.

With a herring.

Zep

Post by Zep » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Asthmatic Camel wrote:You just had to, didn't you?

I may just have to sell my house, remortgage my wife and buy a ticket to Oz to hunt you down and kill you.

With a herring.
Right! Them's fightin' words! Take THAT!