Vale Rik Mayall - The People's Poet!

Zep

Vale Rik Mayall - The People's Poet!

Post by Zep »

Saddened this morning by the news just in that Rik Mayall has passed away unexpectedly. That is indeed very sad.

Yep, I grew up watching the Young Ones and a lot of other stuff that Rik was in, and reveled in it. Truly, he was gorgeous as the grubby post-punk snotty-nosed wide-eyed and chinless People's Poet. And as the loud, shallow and brash Lord Captain Flashheart in Black Adder. Marvelous stuff!

What are your memories of Rik?

PS. Love Ade Edmondson's tribute.
Croydon13013

Re: Vale Rik Mayall - The People's Poet!

Post by Croydon13013 »

I grew up with The Comedy Store, Comic Strip, Young Ones. Used to love him.

His death hasn't had the impact on me that some celebrity deaths have. He hadn't done much for years and I wasn't expecting him to do anything worth watching ever again.

I also wouldn't have been bothered much if it had been Edmonson. Although he's on TV all the time it is all boring carp aimed at 90 year olds and I avoid anything that he is in now.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Loved B'stard. Found Young Ones and Bottom a bit repetitive. Shame as always that anyone should go as such a young one.

Guess fact he hadn't done much for so long (excepting ads for Bombardier ale) was down to his quad bike accident.

All reports suggest that he was a genuinely decent guy, and has left many happy memories for friends, family and fans.
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

bindeweede wrote:I remember Alan B'Stard - obnoxious Tory politician.
Redundancy?
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Zep

Post by Zep »

Emphasis.