And Then There Were None

Tony Williams

And Then There Were None

Post by Tony Williams » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Anyone else see this three-part version of an Agatha Christie story on BBC1 over Christmas?

Very dramatic, but also rather gloomy. I can't offhand think of any other story in which there are no heroes and no survivors.

Not even Game of Thrones has gone that far, although the author was introduced at one recent SF conference like this: "George R R Martin is here today, but he's no longer on Twitter as he's killed off all 140 characters."

Matt

Re: And Then There Were None

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:15 pm

Yes the Missus is a fan of the Agatha so it's been on in the background as I got on with other things.
"Seeking a friend for the end of the world" kills of more but that all happens off screen and after the closing credits.

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Yes, we watched it! I suppose it was rather gloomy in a way, but exciting, especially as I chose the murderer early on, then of course it seemed I was wrong...but I wasn't! :yea (Being evasive so as not to spoil it if you haven't seen it)
Someone was quoted as saying it was worth the license fee just for the Aidan wotshisname in a towel scene, but we don't pay a license here, so I'm saying nothing... :D

chaggle

Post by chaggle » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:53 pm

She's got it on now but it's only getting 10% of my attention.

It does seem dark.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

Tony Williams

Post by Tony Williams » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:48 pm

Tinkerbell wrote: Someone was quoted as saying it was worth the license fee just for the Aidan wotshisname in a towel scene, but we don't pay a license here, so I'm saying nothing... :D
I didn't see Poldark but couldn't avoid the fuss about wotsisname scything topless. I presume there's a standard clause in his contracts which says he must appear stripped to waist in a least one scene. I mean, he has to spend hours in the gym to look like that, so he might as well show it off and slay the ladies (and probably some laddies too).