Making a Murderer / The Jinx

OfficialFarsideMoon

Making a Murderer / The Jinx

Post by OfficialFarsideMoon » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:08 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed The Jinx, and am absolutely hooked on making a Murderer (after only two episodes).

We (UK tv) seemed to lead the world in complex, investigative documentaries in the past, now we're reduced to advertorials for John Lewis, or the latest spy on the wall series revolving around bailiffs or benefit 'scroungers'. Although I suspect this is more of a function of the changing landscape in who can pay to commission television now.

polomint38

Re: Making a Murderer / The Jinx

Post by polomint38 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:11 pm

OfficialFarsideMoon wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed The Jinx, and am absolutely hooked on making a Murderer (after only two episodes).

We (UK tv) seemed to lead the world in complex, investigative documentaries in the past, now we're reduced to advertorials for John Lewis, or the latest spy on the wall series revolving around bailiffs or benefit 'scroungers'. Although I suspect this is more of a function of the changing landscape in who can pay to commission television now.
On Episode 7 of Making a Murderer. Depressing, frustrating and compelling viewing.

I will try The Jinx.
Is it about Mr Jinks, who hates those meeces to pieces?

OfficialFarsideMoon

Post by OfficialFarsideMoon » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:56 pm

I watched up to e7 last night, this is just unbelievable stuff. I'm trying to avoid any spoilers but have a feeling I know what's gonna happen.... :(

The Jinx is a similar production, even if you know the outcome (and it's hard not to because of the publicity around the case), the ending is absolutely staggering.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:25 am

Have to say I had not heard of these. A quick Google tells me they are Netflix-related, which I don't access atm.

OfficialFarsideMoon

Post by OfficialFarsideMoon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Yes, Netflix or 'alternative methods' only unfortunately.

I finished Making a Murderer at the weekend, utterly, utterly compelling and thoroughly depressing.