On the PM.

Tony.Williams

Re: On the PM.

Post by Tony.Williams » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:19 am

I see that following the more or less enforced resignation of our US ambassador, Brexiters are warning May not to get involved in the appointment of his successor, but to leave that to BoJo (assuming he doesn't self-destruct at the last moment).

I don't normally have much time for conspiracy theories, but does this provide a clue as to the origin of the leak of those emails that started the row?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 pm

That is was a politically inspired leak from a brexiteer is I believe the leading working hypothesis. I'm told that the leaked memos include information on Trump's state visit to which Johnson wouldn't have had first hand access as it was sent after he resigned as Foreign minister. However there appear to be no shortage of allies around. I do hope that the culprit is identified though somehow doubt that the efforts made will be as swift and decisive as those surrounding Gavin Williamson's departure.
Either I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that Isabel Oakeshott is only marginally more entitled to call herself a journalist than Tommy Robinson.

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 pm
Either I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that Isabel Oakeshott is only marginally more entitled to call herself a journalist than Tommy Robinson.
As I recall she was the one who encouraged Vicky Pryce to spill the beans on that motoring offence by her former husband Chris Huhne, thereby getting her jailed.