Theresa May.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Theresa May.

Post by bindeweede » Wed May 09, 2018 10:49 pm

"Been trying to think of a less effective British Prime Minister than Theresa May. Possibly Spencer Percival after he’d been shot but that’s it." (Twitter)

:lol

chaggle

Re: Theresa May.

Post by chaggle » Thu May 10, 2018 11:04 am

To be fair to May (I know - why? :con ) she has really picked up the poisoned chalice.

I bet Corbyn is very happy he's not PM right now.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:48 am

I think that John Major was ineffective, and Gordon Brown fairly ineffective. May is doing massive damage to this country by trying to hang on to power no matter what. I don't think that I'd say she is less effective than other PMs; it's just that the effect that she is having is very very negative.

And I don't agree about Corbyn. Many in the Labour Party will be pleased that they are not yet in power, but Corbyn wants to right wrongs. He'd take the opportunity to do some good no matter what. He's not looking for power, he's looking for a chance to sort out the mess.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Fri May 11, 2018 12:00 pm

chaggle wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:04 am

I bet Corbyn is very happy he's not PM right now.
I'm very happy that I'm not PM now.... As the old joke goes, if you want to get to there, you really shouldn't start from here. Or to put it another way, you may be really keen to drain the swamp, but might not have much time for that if the boat you're in is surrounded by giant crocodiles and is steadily sinking.

Some elections are definitely worth losing. Cameron demonstrated just what can go wrong if you unexpectedly win.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Tony.Williams wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:00 pm
Some elections are definitely worth losing. Cameron demonstrated just what can go wrong if you unexpectedly win.
Well May was pretty effective in addressing that.