Changes in the pipeline.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Changes in the pipeline.

Post by bindeweede » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Prophpbb. which hosts this site, has contacted me to say that they are upgrading ProphpBB to an upgraded version of phpBB software. This is the link to what the "tapatalk" version might look like.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/skepsforum/

I, like most admins, think it is awful, but, "Please note this is only a beta testing site for your original forum. Changes made on this testing site will not impact your forum in production. Feel free to play around with the new set-up and let us know if you like it via the following feedback thread." As I understand it, all hosting companies using phpbb software are in the same position.

For anyone interested, there is an "Upgrade Feedback Thread" on the Support Forum. https://support.prophpbb.com/upgrade-fe ... t7154.html

It seems to be a "wait and see" issue. I won't be "playing around" for some time - other issues to occupy my tiny mind atm.

polomint38

Re: Changes in the pipeline.

Post by polomint38 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:14 pm

I saw the subject: "Changes in the pipeline" and thought it was another of Bindeweede's medical conditions.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Sometime In the next 7 days, Prophpbb will roll out the production migration of this site to Tapatalk Groups. The migration will not change the forum's URL. I have been told there will be a few hours downtime, but the moves are planned for late night and early morning (US time) to minimize the impact. I am unsure what effects the migration will have on the forum's appearance. Like most Admins, I'll have to wait and see and try to make any changes that might seems necessary. I certainly do not like the appearance of the test forum, like very many other Admins on the Prophpbb Support Forum.

polomint38

Post by polomint38 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:17 pm

bindeweede wrote:Sometime In the next 7 days,
They are being nicely vague, like I am about paying back that fiver i owe someone.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Well, I have no idea what is going on. The old Freeforums Support site, where I was banned, seems to be inaccessible, as is the Prophpbb Support Forum. Or they are are extremely slow.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 pm

An email from Ketchup.
It's because a lot of the forums are being moved over to the new platform - happening in blocks. I think yesterday was 'M-Day' (Moving Day) for the first lot.
Bound to be a bit of slowness with all that going on .... And for sure, that's just the start of many more problems to follow ...
tapatalkterroristtakeover
I sometimes wonder if there is much point in carrying on.....

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:57 pm

I asked Ashley S, a Staff Member and Support Worker, what is going on. His answer....
Your guess is as good as mine...

Ketchup

Post by Ketchup » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:14 am

bindeweede wrote:An email from Ketchup.
It's because a lot of the forums are being moved over to the new platform - happening in blocks. I think yesterday was 'M-Day' (Moving Day) for the first lot.
Bound to be a bit of slowness with all that going on .... And for sure, that's just the start of many more problems to follow ...
tapatalkterroristtakeover
That was actually referring to the TTT :evil: (Tapatalk-Terrorist-Takeover) of FF sites (FreeForums). http://support.freeforums.org/moving-day-t147110.html

I think prophpbb are just a bit behind FF. Individual forums should get some warning notice of when The Move is going to happen (7 days perhaps(?), as seems the case with FFs) The premium-hosted forums will be amongst the last to move.

Both support forums are back up and running ok-ish now. The problem yesterday was apparently a General Error throughout all tapatalk-involved sites.
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~

Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:25 pm

polomint38 wrote:They are being nicely vague, like I am about paying back that fiver i owe someone.
:roll: :|
thIS sIGnaTure iS an

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Well, I've tried to do some improvements to the old Forum, which has now been (corrupted).....no, of course I do not mean that... by Tapatalk. The "improvement" will happen here soon.

Anyway, the old place.....https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/skeps/index.php

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:40 am

Have I arrived in the new universe? :?

I'm missing half of the smilies!

Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:04 pm

TapaTalk-Terrorist-Takeover, Love it ! :thumb: As a volunteer moderator at ProphpBB, I haven't been best pleased either and when the upgrade was promised, I don't think that is what we had in mind and the lack of information has been very stressful :gh Pete has already been banned/restricted :con
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly web hosting provider ]

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Ashley, it seems very odd to me, and sad, what is happening to Prophpbb, its owner and the great support people. I have no idea what is going on in the background, any more than it seems you do. I was initially very unsure about moving this little forum yet again, but whatever its future, I feel I have done the right thing. Your assistance has been invaluable, of course.

Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

No problem, I might try and get Pete to assist me if I get more ProphpBB clients :P

I can only speculate but I can only assume that Joe (MD) has decided to focus on his personal life and career as a doctor, rather than continue with ProphpBB and online commitments. All I know is that he was approached by TapaTalk to upgrade the forums but what I don't know if this upgrade to TTT Groups was how it was going to be or not. Very sad indeed :(
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly web hosting provider ]

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:27 am

Darklord has told me that Joe hasn't logged in to the ProphpBB Support Forum for 21 days, which says a lot. He also asked for details of our new hosting company, which I have given him. :thumb: