Freeloader "social media influencer" has a hissy fit

Ketchup

Freeloader "social media influencer" has a hissy fit

Post by Ketchup » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 am

BOO! Welcome to the real real-life world, silly girl.

'A British YouTuber says people have told her "to die" - just for asking if she could stay at a hotel for free.'
Elle Darby, who's got 90,000 subscribers on the site, offered to make a video about her stay if she didn't have to pay.
But the owner of the Charleville Lodge in Dublin - Paul Stenson - shared Elle's email online, accusing her of not having "self-respect and dignity".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42750803 "I work as a Social Media Influencer - that's real life ... " LOL!

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

and well done to Paul Stenson, the hotel owner, for cutting this self-indulgent little missy down to size. :clap:

One would hope that once she gets over her little hissy fit, she might take some kind of lesson out of this ...

From 'The Independent' : People are praising Dublin hotel owner's decision to ban bloggers

The whole hoo-ha is now trending on YouTube, much to the misplaced delight of the self-indulgent "social media influencer" (who, incidentally, 'outed' herself :roll: ).

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~

Tony.Williams

Re: Freeloader "social media influencer" has a hissy fit

Post by Tony.Williams » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 pm

I thought that it was common practice for hotels to provide free accommodation in return for publicity about what they offer, although obviously they would want some evidence that the writer is able to get their review widely disseminated - 90,000 subscribers seems like a worthwhile number. The important part is of course that the fact that it is a freebie must be declared in the review.

OTOH, hotels are prone to being blackmailed by some criminals, along the lines of "reduce my bill or I'll give you a lousy Tripadviser rating". When I hear about that, I always hope that the hotel has CCTV with voice recording so they can prosecute them. And then there's the recent British fad for falsely complaining of food poisoning - some claimants have been fined for that and now have a criminal record, so with luck the message will get out that this is not a clever idea.

I don't know if such immoral behaviour is spreading or if we just hear about it more.