That little counter thingy..

bindeweede
Site Admin

That little counter thingy..

Post by bindeweede » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 pm

You know....the one at the bottom of the page. It's called Statcounter and gives me loads on info about visits to the forum. Not only the number of visits but where the visitors are based, their IP Address, name of ISP, browser being used, Operating System and even screen resolution. I have no idea how accurate it is - not totally I expect, and it appears sometimes I have visited here from a little boat out in the North Sea somewhere. But according to the software, this forum was visited by someone at 00.43 from Iowa, using Chrome.

Yesterday was one of the most active days for the forum since we moved to the new hosting company back in July. There were 154 visits and 477 Page Views. So far today, 84 visits and 254 Page Views. The figures tend to rise as the evening goes on.

Anyway, just for info. :ang

Tony.Williams

Re: That little counter thingy..

Post by Tony.Williams » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:22 am

Pity that more of us don't contribute. But then, I suspect there's some sort of typical ratio of lurkers to posters in such forums - no doubt somebody's researched it!

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 pm

So far today, 800 page views and 669 visits. I wonder where they come from and why...... :con

ETA. One of Tony's posts.......http://skepticsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... =958#p5709 seems to have had a lot of views.....from Eastern Europe and the Russian Federation.

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 am

bindeweede wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 pm
So far today, 800 page views and 669 visits. I wonder where they come from and why...... :con

ETA. One of Tony's posts.......http://skepticsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... =958#p5709 seems to have had a lot of views.....from Eastern Europe and the Russian Federation.
I know why it had a lot of views - on my own military weapons forum, I posted a link to that thread because I couldn't access the original web post.

Interesting that my forum attracts such a degree of attention from those quarters, though; there are only a couple of Russians who post that I'm aware of.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 pm

That counter continues to surprise me. Yesterday, "Unique Visits" were on 38. Today, so far, 223. Perhaps activity = "Activity". :con