PayPal.

bindeweede
Site Admin

PayPal.

Post by bindeweede » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 pm

I don't have a lot of experience with this company. I have come across people who don't have a good word, but I have to say my recent experience has left me quite impressed.

After an up-and-down year healthwise, I decided to book a holiday for partner and self to fave place in the Algarve. Booked hotel, transfer and flight independently and as we live very near Luton airport, I booked flights with Monarch as being slightly preferable to EJ. 5 days after booking, Monarch went into receivership. I don't know why, but rather than pay for the flights with a credit card, I chose PayPal. With an existing account, it was just slightly simpler.

On the morning of October 3rd, when Monarch went bust, I lodged a claim on the PayPal website for a full refund under their consumer protection scheme. The website seemed unresponsive and confusing, to me at least. So on the 5th I rang PP and got through to someone in 5 mins. She was aware of my claim and assured me the cost of my flights - not a huge sum at £245 - would be refunded to my credit card account around October 15th. I was a bit dubious but was told I didn't need to do anything else, so I waited.

Yesterday, my credit card bill arrived and the full PayPal refund actually went into my account on the 10th. Considering the thousands of claims I expect they had to deal with, I thought this was quite impressive.

Just thought fair to say.

polomint38

Re: PayPal.

Post by polomint38 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Good service, send a note to their customer services, we need to tell companies when they do well, not just complain when they get it wrong.

chaggle

Post by chaggle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 am

Good show.

I'm with polo - it's nice to express appreciation for good service.

When we were delayed for a day out of Bristol I didn't even bother trying for recompense from Easyjet - too damned stressful and complicated - starting with a premium rate phone call.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:20 am

It's not that easy just sending an email to PayPal - their site is so automated, but I have logged in to the "Resolution Centre" of my account and sent a thank you. In my experience it'll be several hours before it is read and I don't know whether they'll bother with a response. I did also post on Twitter a week or so ago saying how good I thought their Customer Service was re Monarch.

There's been one tiny bonus to the holiday cancellation. I was able to cancel the hotel booking, the most expensive element of the holiday, with no penalty. And the company I booked the airport transfer with was also happy to offer a complete refund. I actually paid for that in Euros. By the time the refund was made, the Pound had gone up against the Euro very slightly, and I was refunded 43p more than I paid. :yay

I'd still rather be on holiday in the Algarve though but. ;)