"Tommy Robinson".

YouTube clips etc to accompany a nice cup of tea.
bindeweede
Site Admin

"Tommy Robinson".

Post by bindeweede » Fri May 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Tommy Robinson indulging in the great British tradition of going away for the Bank Holiday Weekend.

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Guest2

Re: "Tommy Robinson".

Post by Guest2 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 pm

Seems like this video was taken down. So he's going away for 13 months or so? I forget what his sentence was.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Tue May 29, 2018 5:04 pm

Yes, 13 months. 10 months for contempt of court and a further three months for breaching the terms of a previous suspended sentence. I didn't realise the video had been taken down, but the Guardian article explains the restrictions put in place temporarily.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -13-months

ETA. And a bit more detail from Sky. https://news.sky.com/story/tommy-robins ... s-11389226

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Tue May 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Managed to stumble across this from 7 years ago - "Funny EDL Interview - Incoherent Anger, Muslamic Infidels." EDL founded by "Tommy" .

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede » Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm

And on a "lighter" note.............
Former EDL leader Tommy Robinson spends first night in prison, converts to Islam.
"As one prison guard explained the incident. They told us, “I’ve seen it many times, these radicals seek out the weak minded, those with a feeble intellect, and before you know it they’re reciting the Koran all day long, calling themselves Mustafa, and growing a beard."

http://newsthump.com/2018/05/29/former- ... -to-islam/

Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:56 am

bindeweede wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm
And on a "lighter" note.............
Former EDL leader Tommy Robinson spends first night in prison, converts to Islam.
"As one prison guard explained the incident. They told us, “I’ve seen it many times, these radicals seek out the weak minded, those with a feeble intellect, and before you know it they’re reciting the Koran all day long, calling themselves Mustafa, and growing a beard."
There's a character in the film Four Lions who was an ex-Nazi who self-radicalised himself by reading the Koran. He was supposedly based on a real person but I don't know details of the "real" case.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Thu May 31, 2018 11:26 am

I recall reading long ago that in the 1930s the Nazis discovered that they recruited far more successfully from among the active communists than anyone else. It seems that a certain personality type is attracted to extremism, and what kind of extreme doesn't matter that much.

Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:13 pm

I was reminded of this by a headline on the BBC News site: "How I went from guns to God".

How about: "How I went from guns and/or God to being a rational human being?"